Yup...after the Super bowl. Great exciting game and Eli is just the greatest. Fun to have another Manning playing in Indy. Now...what will happen with Peyton. We'll see. It was a buzzing weekend to say the least. Now...it's the usual...Sewing machine is purring right along. I'm back to making flower garden patches which don't require machine and little dolls for Moe and Kenya that do. I think I'm up to 70 now...Goal is at least 100. It's break time because the fleece is gone temporarily. I'm waiting for a sale.
I'm cooking for friends Ellen and Todd. Ellen is getting her third chemo treatment Thursday. These first 4 treatments are huge ones. Ellen is out of it for days and then slowly comes back just to get knocked down again. Go away cancer!!! After these four there are 8 smaller ones done each week. Took food to their house for Todd yesterday. Ellen is having a very difficult time eating because of sore in her mouth, not an uncommon occurrence that usually ends with 80% of cancer patients with some form of malnurishment during treatment. We took a short sunny walk yesterday before I left. Todd got beef stroganoff. Ellen got things to make smoothies. I have cream of potato to deliver. The crock pot has been cranking food out and the better side of that is that Doug and I are eating healthier food. It seems to be easier to cook for 4 instead of 2. More motivation for sure.
Tomorrow I'm working at the front desk at church, tomorrow night is bells, Thurs. is soup kitchen...Same old, same old as JB would say. Football is over...Boo Hoo...but the Pacers are playing. So...life goes on.
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment