Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Goodness...6idays later

Where does the time go. Help. Well, the only thing I can say is that it's great not to know what is ahead of one. Might refuse to get out of bed if I knew. We had one gangbuster of a rain storm yesterday and even though we are on a hill...you guessed it...water in the lower level. 2 inches at least. It was one continuous cloud burst of about 4 inches at least in perhaps less than 3 hrs. I think we need new BIGGER spouting. So...yesterday was one heck of a day. Fans are still running and the floor is still wet. Crazy, crazy. Not much fun if any. We had the same thing happen about 8 years ago. This is the summer of rain for sure. Garden was completely flooded and there was rain pooling in places I've never seen the likes of. Keystone Ave. culvert collapsed. That's a major thing for sure.

So...today was a bit slower. Tomorrow morning a few of us will change the liturgical colors from red to green. That's such fun when one is prepared. I spent a bit of time today getting things ready for the work crew. Seems to make things go a bit smoother. Today was another cataract day for neighbor Judy. I'm so happy for her that her surgeries are over. Yearly fish fry is coming up Friday. Eric/family and friend Salome are going with us. Should be fun. Thursday evening I have an Umoja meeting with folks from other churches. Love to meet new folks with Kenya interests.

1 comment:

Fantom of Richardson said...

I remember the boots needed to be in the lower floor. Drain stopped up as I remember - but then I've slept for several years after the flood