This is a week of changes. Changes in the date the carpet gets cleaned...That's another story I won't bother with but the fact that I was so upset with the first crew made me finish the garden digging,,,that was a lot of digging and clean out the garage. That was a lot of dirt. So something to show for my experience with Stanley Steamer. Sears will be out on Wed. afternoon. Yahoo. I hope!
Another change. This past Friday Regina came to the states from Eldoret for heart surgery. I met her Sunday evening and what a gem has come our way. Monday we saw lots of things. She asks a million questions and is interested in EVERYTHING. What fun. So it was a visit to the Tractor Service store because she wanted to know what was in that store, Goodwill and then to Pet Smart to see lizards that people buy here where as in Kenya they are thicker than flies. Then a stop at the church and at 2:00 PM there was a Cath. of the heart and an Echo gram in preparation for surgery on Thursday. The heart muscle has thickened and is affecting how the valve works. Serious stuff which involves cutting away part of the heart muscle. Scary stuff. Hard to comprehend that is possible. So...pray, pray, pray. Regina is a widow, 41 years old the mother of three children, the youngest just 8. Just a young lady. She will be staying with us after surgery and a short stay with Linda Wilson. Yesterday was a long day and Doug and I had dinner at S and S at 9:00. Today I would love to take her to the Children's Museum. That's quite different than the tractor store for sure. Tonight is another meeting at Sec. Presb. about the recent trip made by a group of ladies in May to Kisuma Kenya. Tomorrow is work at the church desk, carpet cleaners and then getting the house back in order, I hope! Wooo...always something going on. Life is to live and love. Sun. evening at Sec. Presb. we sang Great is Thy Faithfulness. Remember the part...strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow. How vivid that has become to me.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment