Monday, January 11, 2010

Woo, Woo.

Yup..Woo, is right. Just back from the knee doc and another shot of cortisone is in the knee. It's a miracle worker for at least a while. I'm going to think before I do what ever I need to do. Elevator if there is one, not climbing if someone else can do that. Now I'm hoping I can remember all that. Still sewing. I'm working on 4 short banners for Lent with the word forgive on the banners along with forgive in other languages. The theme is the Prodigal Son story. I have some other sewing things going as well so it's never dull around here. Doug said the floor is looking good again. That means that it's full of colorful scraps. I've started on the second hundred little knitted newborn caps going to Kenya. That fills in those crazy minutes one has and never does much with them. I can even knit in the dark in the car. Last week with so much snow, the ladies who were meeting me to talk about reducing the number of dishes, etc. in our church parlor didn't make it so yesterday we talked and this morning I loaded up 120 punch cups for Goodwill. There is at least another 100 to go. What I took was enough for one trip. I might haul another 100 tomorrow. Then it's the dinner plates. We have way to many sets and people want to use nice paper goods so it's time to reduce some of that. I have a feeling that much of what we have is what people decided to dump from their homes. Uck. n You know...give it to the church mentality. Church was awesome yesterday. It's one of the best sermons preached I would say on God calling us by name. Marvelous. And of course the music just was once again outstanding. Lots of people there regardless of the low temps. The rest of the week looks pretty tame. The sewing machine will be running it usual stuff. Wed. I'm working the desk, Thursday soup kitchen, bell practice Wed. night, choir Thurs. night. And...Sat...COLTS game! Woo, Woo.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Sounds like a good week ahead. Keep moving -- and remember the elevator. I use it here going up more than two floors -- I try to walk DOWN stairs and to go easy on the UP stairs. I don't know if doctors recommend that, but I do.