Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Today January 5

Well, this is the first week in January. I'm hot into my second quilt top and this one is for Adam. It just makes me laugh when I think about all the crazy charactors that are on this quilt. It's an Adam surprise. I need to wait for a fabric sale later in January for the next step. Yesterday morning I spent two hrs. at church taking down all the sanctuary Advent Christmas stuff. Two other people came to help and we had most of the stuff down by 11:15. Not all put away but all down and the green is up for this coming season. Today I went to finish up and it resulted in a lot of cleaning and pitching. Funny how people don't throw out at a church. Not throw up but throw out. I've been guilty of the same but today I moved for the last time some things that I had moved around for 20 years and never used. So...it's been a good day. One thing depended on another thing so I really cleaned a huge closet as well as another room getting things on shelves that needed to be there and thing in the dumpster that needed to be there. Nothing good in the dumpster just things that were perhaps 20 years past throw out time. Visual Arts is in fine shape with organization. Worked from 8:30 to 4 so we're going to Steak and Shake for supper. Tomorrow morning I'm working at the desk and moving Advent stuff to the attic early afternoon. Thursday morning is B and Bowl and a huge shipment of food is coming in so that needs to get on the shelves with Joe W's help and I'm meeting two ladies early afternoon to work on the Parlor kitchen determining what our surplus of dishes really is. We have a ton and don't need them. We need to move on and find storage for what we do use. Thurs. eve is choir and Friday morning I'm meeting someone to work on throwing out and saving costumes. What a pain. Had a great visit with the doc yesterday and all is well. I'm looking to get a shingles shot. Yahoo. Then I won't get the shingles. Life is good.

No comments: