Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wow...

Life has gotten topsy turvy. I'm leaving for Kenya Sunday morning arriving in Eldoret Tuesday afternoon. 18 hr flight and then a day trip by van from Niarobi to Eldoret. And...of course part of the idea is to visit for a month with friend Sarah Ellen. But...here's the rub. Sarah Ellen's husband Joe made an emergency medical trip to the states arriving Monday morning. And he has been told to take a two week break from Eldoret. Sarah Ellen was already here visiting with her children as she does every May. So...I'm in Eldoret and Sarah Ellen is here! Now how about that. I have no hesitation on being in Eldoret and I think it will be a great adventure. I certainly wish that SEM were there but this give me a chance to see what I can do on my own. And...I'll do it for sure. People there know I'm coming and I'll even have a driver a place to sleep in SEM's house and meals at the I U dining room. Now that's better than the states in my book. There aren't very many places to go but I know a few and will certainly stay busy. Sarah Ellen gave me some cleaning jobs and I'll certainly be in the Sally Test room at the hospital helping with all the sick children who come to play as they are able. Some are abandon babies and some just sick. Children stay much longer in the hospital with more serious problems than here in the states. So...I'm leaving Sunday at 1pm and back in the states July 4 at 7pm.
What an adventure. Bring it on.

2 comments:

Penny (Kimmy's mom) said...

We know God is going to use you in a very big way over there. We are and will continue to be praying for you and everyone else there.
God Bless You!

Kimmy said...

Wow is a perfect title for this blog.