Friday, June 26, 2009
Friday
Well, I was sick for a day and now I'm well. It's a bacterial thing that a whole bunch of westerners get. I'm sooooo happy to be well. Today once again I went to Sally Test. I'm really getting to know the staff as well as the children. What fun. Today the kids had enough nerve to ask to feel my hair. I got such a kick out of that so my hair was patted many times. This afternoon we played with a parachute. Lots of screams and giggles and things that all American children would do. Just before we left ST another abandond baby came in found at a clinic. The people at the clinic gave the child the name of Obama. A few days ago a group from Indy arrived. Merta Pullilam and folks from the Ruth Lilly Foundation...Tonight will be what I might call the Billion Dollar dinner with Joe and SEM and three other folks from I U. The dean being one. And...I'm invited along. Wow...This will be VERY interesting to say the least. Three of the dinners are I U folks who have been here often and they are quite resonable folks. The money ladies...I'm not sure. Today I made the biggest mess ever. I knocked over a Pan of Chi Tea that was prepared for the children in the Sally Test room. What a mess. Lucky for me, the children had had their chi, some was in thermoses for a noon meeting and so this was the left overs. Well, I couldn't deny doing because everyone saw it. I got Ernest and it was easy to admit it and two wonderful ladies cleaned the whole mess up. So...I have little gifts for them that I will give them tomorrow. What a goof. Tomorrow is another day. The rains have not come yet and Kenya is dry in Eldoret. We have hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You mean it was a bigger mess than the pop can exploding in the kitchen with the black rit die that ended up all over your kitchen from the ceiling to the floor!!
Thanks Eric...It was a mess...this time only on the floor.
Post a Comment