Friday, June 12, 2009
From the other side
It's the other side of the pond. It's Friday already. We arrived in Eldoret Tues. evening. Had a great time in Nirobi but happy to get on the plane to Eldoret. We met up with some friends from Sec. Presbyterian Church and also Amy Altmeyer from North at the IU dining room. The Duke 6 arrived Wed. So...lots of friends in little america Eldoret. We did some touring to places with the Duke 6. Imani, Sally Test Room, the Heart and Harvest Farms, Irene's Passion Fruit Farm, Moe Teaching and Referral Hospital. Saw Daniel Onachang. this afternoon and met his mother who is here for some knee diagnosis. That was really special. We have been busy. Now the Duke 6 and Ellen have moved on to western Kenya for a while. SEM and Joe are arriving tomorrow morning. So...It's a great shower, a little supper, some knitting and reading. Sounds like a good plan. I probably will be spending more time at Sally Test working with sick children who are well enough to have some daytime activities. There are so many children with cancer, burns that are unbelievable as well as other ailments. The hospital area is crawling with children. Today a group of people from Lilly came through the Sally Test Rm. They are here to hopefully establish a support program of medication for diabetics. This certainly is a spot for a lot of people with plans and ambitions for this area of the world. I hear boys from Indianapolis playing basketball outside the window. Now isn't that cool. The church kids leave Sunday. I'll be seeing them soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good to hear from you on the blog! It sounds as if all is going well and that you have plenty to do. I hope you remember to sleep at night.
I'm glad your able to post on your blog while in Kenya.
Post a Comment