Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday again

Where does the time go. It's beyond me at this point. Sunday afternoon's meal on the rim of the Rift Valley was more than delightful. It was wonderful. The company was quite fun, the food was very good. Joe had goat. I don't want to think of it. It was just lots of fun. I continue to go to Sally Test and I'm really enjoying the staff as well as the children. Sarah Ellen has done amazing things here. Today I did more cleaning out of stuff that probably hadn't been touch for a long time. Uck, uck. It's like many places...no one wants to take the time or responsibility of throwing out. Didn't get rid of a whole lot of things but did clean and organize things. I'm working on the counter tops tomorrow. Today one of the staff members really got into organizing some shelves. That's not necessarily a kenyan thing...organizing. But it did happen. This afternoon we had lots of dark clouds and thunder, it's the rainy season but rain is going all around Eldoret. We are at 7000 feet, higher than Denver. I got out my long pants, a sweater and am wearing a sweatshirt. Cool breezes for sure. I must say that I have enjoyed so much being with lots of students here from the states working on so many projects. There is a man here from somewhere, a well driller wanting people from Southern Indiana where there are plenty of wells to join him drilling in Kenya. He will be here for 6 months. Meal time is great. All kinds of conversations going on. This afternoon SEM is flying to Nairobi to meet Leigh, Julie and family who get in later tonight. She will be in Nairobi for two days coming back on Thurs. evening but leaving again Friday afternoon for safari at Rhondo. I'll leave Friday afternoon for Nairobi meeting Ellen and then on to the states Friday night arriving Sat. afternoon. It's been an unbelievable month here. Wonderful people, things to do and places to go for sure.

No comments: