Well, it was a fabulous Sunday. Wow...we arrived at church around 7:00. I got the hospitality things going and off to bell practice at 7:25. The special called in people got the pastries on the table while I was gone and everything worked well. The community room was stuffed with folks all morning meeting friends etc. It was African Missions Sunday for Advent. The altar was filled with African things. And...Imani Workshop came to sell items made by HIV/AIDS patients in Eldoret. The table was busy all morning with people shopping for Christmas. There were new nicer necklaces then we have seen in the past. I bought one for ME. It by far was their best sales day in many months. I was so happy for them. Joe and Sarah Ellen talked briefly during the service and the music was awesome with a wonderful Kenyan anthem. Thinking of the Sunday experience just gives me goosebumps. Bells did better second service than first but that's just a given. Joe and Sem had lunch with the team of youth and adult sponsores who are going to Eldoret this summer. It's a great bunch of folks. I am sooooo excited for them. I helped the Imani folks pack up and we got home around 2 pm. Then...it was cookie baking time. North has teamed with School 43 providing support in many ways. Today...Tuesday Patty and friend...I forget...are taking 33 plates of cookies to the school for the teachers. When I was teaching, our PTO did this for us...Teachers don't have time to bake! So...Now I can do for teachers what was done for me. Yahoo. I sort of pooped out around 5:30 Sunday. All energy was gone. But...yesterday morning...drove to Marsh...got more stuff and spent the morning in the kitchen. What fun. I did 6 different drop cookies. Mixed everything up...Put them in the refrigerator to chill...cleaned up the kitchen...and then started to bake. Fun, fun. Cookies were everywhere. Patty picked up her batches of cookies late afternoon and I was off to Greenspace to learn about Purple Martens. What a bird. So...see...now you know how much fun the last two days have been. What a blast.
I've applied for a job. Official Baker for Sarah Ellen for the last two weeks of Dec. They have more than a house full of family and friends coming in and I think this is something I can do for them. Families EAT!
Now...it's get ready for next weekend. It's local missions Sunday. We'll have something on the altar representing school 43...text books...farmers market, basket of squash etc. and bread and bowl. That's a small soup kettle, bowls, bread etc. I'm using many Dennis soup bowls. Leslie will know what that means. The offering will be collected in soup pots and pans and mixing bowls. It's thematic teaching...All you teachers will know what I mean. That's it for Tuesday.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment