Well, this week has been delightful. Lots to do but not overwhelmed. All packages are wrapped...even Santa got the stockings finished. Wow...that has NEVER happened in the past 41 years. All is done that is unless I think of something else someone might like and we can afford. Speaking of afford. Sewers and water are coming to our neighborhood. Can't afford it. Talk about money. That will break the bank or more. There goes my retirement kitty fund. Bummer Humbug. Really can't change the outcome at this point. This will tell us how poor we really can become.
Last night Kat and Eric went to the North Staff Christmas dinner and I GOT TO STAY WITH ANDREW! What a treat. He just putts around entertaining himself and me as well. I love to hear him sing and sit play his gitar which is really a push popper toy with a long stationary handle. He really gets loud. Funny, funny.
I started to knit again. I'm making a stocking hat. Thursday at B and Bowl we gave out stockings that we stuffed with toiletries at church Sunday afternoon. It probably the only gift received by some of the folks. They were well appreciated. Stocking hats and gloves are always available to those who are in need. One homeless man has received his third pair of gloves already. He keeps loosing them but I really think other men jump him and take what they can. It's the adult version of picking on what they might think is a lesser person. So sad. We have a good supply of gloves on hand. I found great ones at Goodwill for a buck a pair. Went to a bunch of Goodwills and bought them out!
This Sunday at church we are celebrating Africa. The altar is filled with Masi figures and typical foods...corn and beans. We are singing a great Kenya song and Sarah Ellen and Joe Mamlin are speaking for a bit. There is a dinner for youth and adult sponsors who are going to Kenya next Summer. Adults are Brian and Ava Williams, Anne Moman and her dad. Anne is the youth staff advisor and Mary Jo Stinette who will be taking her second trip to Eldoret. It is a super group of mature youth who also will be going. Two of the kids along with their parents joined North in October wanting their children to have this experience.
Tomorrow morning will be another crunch time Sunday although I think I have planned better this week for it. Bells are playing, Anne and Dave and Waldene will not be helping but I've asked two other ladies to come and help. We should get the hospitality job done at some point before the actual time deadline. So the plan is to arrive at church at 7, work till 7:25...rehearse...work hospitality...play at 8:20...and then back to hospitality. Like Kate Pluse 8 says...It' s a crazy life but It's my life...or something like that. I'm heading down to church around 11:00 to do what I can early for tomorrow which will be an exciting day.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Can't they add the sewer water installation cost to your property tax bill and spread it out over 30 years... That's what they do here in MI. Just curious...may be an option.
Is a youth staff advisor like a youth pastor? Or someone that advises a youth pastor... how big is the org chart at north anyway...
Your son from the north lands.
Maybe you could answer the son's questions on the blog so that we can all benefit from the answers. (I am more interested in the answer about the water-sewage bill than I am about the youth pastor and North's org chart,)
I think part of this can go on the property tax but some of it can't. What can't is coming in to the house from the road. That's done by a private company that each household needs to hire.
Post a Comment