Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Tuesday morning.
Well, it's been a killer weekend...Much of it fun. Some I planned for and some just happened. I'll just write about what I remember. Thank goodness for a mind that forgets some things. Sunday was a huge hoot. Doug and I arrived at church around 7:15 driving seperately because dear Sarah Ellen is here from Kenya and I'm giving her my car to drive for the month. Joe is driving Patty H. car. I'm driving Becky VanVoorhis' car because SEM hates that car. Becky is related to the Evelyn VanVooris Fallot being a former sister-in-law. Evelyn was a neighbor in Ohio. Small world. I have no trouble with Becky's car. As we were working to get the hospitality room ready I realized that our helpers Dave and Ann weren't arriving. Well, they are in China visiting their son. So...Doug and I just worked a little harder and faster since even Waldene wasn't there as well to help. It's a huge job for two but we got the job done. Much easier with the regular 4 or 5. That meant that there was no regular clean up crew so I decided not to sing in the choir since I would miss rehearsal time. Lots of people kept us busy all morning. So...at 11:10 after second service started I declared to Rick, who was helping at that point that I was GOING to church, which I did. I was not going to miss great music and great preaching. It was communion Sunday and during the passing of the peace, Preacher Kevin said to me...I need you to serve communion. A preacher didn't show. So...up I go to serve communion which is such an honor. One I wouldn't miss. Church was over and I said hello to Sarah Ellen and Joe then off to get ready for Stocking Stuffing for Bread and Bowl folks at the Advent Festival Sun. afternoon. I also had to do a major put away stuff because the womans society who does Friendship time worked in the community room and didn't know a hoot about where hospitality stuff went. There was a huge cookie sale by the youth who baked over 9000 cookies at a local school on Sat. selling them to folks in the parlor. It's their major fund raiser of the year. We got the cars switched which is another story relating to the fact that we had a very cold snowy weekend and Joe and SEM's heated drive way refused to work. They live on a very steep hill so they are staying at son Burke's house. The snow is gone so I am assuming that they finally have arrived at their home. I got everything organized for the late afternoon event and decided to go home for a break. Well, by that time it was 3:15 and Carmel is to far from church to make sense to leave for a while. So...I just hung in there. We had great attendance at the festival and folks really enjoyed stuffing socks with lotions, shampoos, razors, soap, etc. which we give to our Bread and Bowl customers on Thursday. We stuffed 60 pair of socks. Then off to the pitch in supper where I brought nothing to pitch in. There was plenty of food and such a relaxing time just sitting and talking with friends. Wooo...I was bushed. So much walking long halls and using elevators to get things out and to put things away. Monday I just TOOK it easy all morning. I worked the desk yesterday afternoon which wasn't much of a job. Just more sitting which was great. I filled the crock pot with a great rump roast and the kids came for supper. Andrew is such an entertainer and is such fun to be with. Today, I feel like a live person again. Not much planned. Might go and get a few Christmas things but nothing more. I'm having a morning Joe with my morning Joe Friends on MSNBC. Now I would imagine that you who are reading this need a rest as well. Such fun being used to make life a little easier for others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment