Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday

Well, another busy week. Same old same old as JB would say. I did do a few new things. Thought I should give it a try before I get old. Sat. I worked at a water station for a mini marathon and a real marathon. It was fun. I'd do it again. It was a new race in Indy and the station was staffed by a bunch of North folks at the corner of 38th and Meridian. It was really great to see the first Marathoner pass by which I'm sure was a Kenyan who was at least 30 minutes in front of the next runner. What a fluid form he had. Wow! There were about 6000 runners that passed by, one being our own minister Kevin for the Mini. The whole 4 hrs was just a blast. Then I went right to the Obama Biden voting headquarters here in Carmel and signed up to work on Tuesday. I think I'm called a runner meaning that I'll be running in the car from pole station to pole station. That's a morning committment or until I wear out. Something new to look forward to. This week we also will be keeping Andrew on Wed. while Kat does some PT for a hip that isn't working correctly. Today at church we celebrated all saints Sunday and the new banner that I finished a few weeks ago was used and lots of burning candles were on the altar for those who died this year. It was a pretty sight. So...tonight it's football and then the race for the week starts tomorrow. Signing off from Carmel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you'll be working for the wrong team on Tuesday :)

You son,
rooting for the correct team.
Jared

Anonymous said...

Don't be sorry JB.