It's Saturday again...Not live just Saturday. Live comes later tonight. My sewing machine is back. Yahoo. A few weeks ago I talked to North member Merna who our resident clown. She is so good at it going to nursing homes as well as our farmers market. She has two of the cutest granddaughters Emma 4 and Mattie 7. And I suggested that they might like to be clowns as well going with her. Merna said yes...so this week saw two of the most colorful (words of 4 yr. old Emma) clown suits going to the granddaughters. I had so much fun sewing them and thinking of the girls being with their grandmother. I had a blast. Lots of stripes, rick/rack, ruffles. The costumes match their grandmothers costume almost to a T. When Emma saw her sisters suit her eyes got almost as big as saucers. So...Of course Emma needed one and she made that wish known in no uncertain terms. Lucky for us all there was enough material. Fnk fun. The week has been busy with volunteer hrs at church once again. Monday was supply the cabinets among other things. Tues, I volunteered at the front desk for most of the day. The other volunteers were unable to work. Wed. was my regular morning to work and I did a lot of work with North Notes which comes out this week. Kat comes to church Wed. morning and I always get to see Andrew. What fun. He is a dear little guy. Wed. night of course was bell practice. Thurs was soup kitchen morning, evening choir, Friday we prepared North Notes for mailing and I took a trip to the downtown postoffice with the mailing. I also found some material to make 4 more little table that sit outside the children's S.S. rooms in the upper hall in the Ed. wing. I made 4 with fall colors. These will be used during Dec. and then I'll need to think of something for the winter months. The clothes certainly spruce up the hall area making it look more child friendly. And of course all the little minutes inbetween the big minutes were used for clown costume sewing.
This morning I tackled a job that has been waiting since last Dec. We unrapped the large advent candles, finding them impacted with a blue color coming from the paper and seeping into the candle wax. Uck. I couldn't believe it but something needed to be done about that. So...I brought them home and they have been sitting in a corner. I thought I needed to remelt them which is something I've done before and just hate the process. They are about 30 inches tall and about 6 inches across with the mold being plastic sewer tile. No easy job to say it mildly. But...today I scraped them, rinsed them well with wax cleaner and I'm saying that they have been reconditioned ready to be used again. I'm not going to pour 40 lbs of wax. This is the easy way out. Yahoo again. We had our first frost this week so I'm hoping to get out in the flowerbeds and get rid of the plants that have melted away. Winter is coming. I'm ready for a change.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment