The fifth day since I posted.
This Monday I finalized the calendar that will be given to all the Bread and Bowl folks. We hear over and over...are you cooking today. Well, how would folks remember unless they know what day of the week it is. No calendars is one of the problem. So...one of our church members is printing a 2009 calendar that has information every day as to where one can find a hot meal in the community, health information for the uninsured and food pantry, clothes pantry and soup kitchen sites to find survival information. It's a hard winter for many. Yesterday I took a homeless man who had just been discharged from the hospital the day before to Wishard Hospital, one that helps the poor for medicaiton. He had no clue as to where he would sleep last night. He felt it was safer to be on the street than to be in a shelter for the night. Probably true.
James has been coming to our soup kitchen for years but I've never seen him so sick.
Tuesday, Wayne Edwards, one of our church custodians died, very unexpectedly from a heart attack last Friday. Wonderful man of 54 years. He was a major transporter of left over doughnuts we used at our Thursday B and B. So...just one more thing on my plate for at least a while. That is picking up at least 15 doz of doughnuts at 10 pm on Wed. evenings. Lucky for me...the Dunkin Doughnuts is right here in Carmel. It's just crazy but true that transportation of food to places of need is probably one of the biggest break down for our hungry folks to get food.
Since this summer, I have been having problems with my neck. I thought it was because of my bum shoulder but this lady just is not good when it comes to medical things. Hum...I don't have a medical degree come to think of it. It's not the shoulder but probably a problem relating to my salivary gland surgery. Tues. I see the doc again for a regular visit and this neck problem will be a talking point. Fluid is collecting in a little pocket at the base of my neck and a PT friend suggested that the drainage from the lymph nods is being blocked because of scar tissue from the surgery. Sounds really possible to me. I sometimes can feel the bones of my spinal colum grinding together. It would seem that everything in my neck is being smushed together. So...
there will be lots of talking points Tuesday afternoon.
I'm off to church in a minute to get the advent candles ready for Nov. 30th. We'll be in Georgia but life goes on even when we are not here in Indy. Got to plan ahead. Speaking of...The Xmas Tree is decorated and the livingroom looks like there will be a Christmas for sure. There is a whole bunch of red thrown around the room. I've NEVER been this early with decorating. Just wanted it all done before Georgia for some reason.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for posting. We'll be putting up our Christmas tree tomorrow. Usually we put it up when we get back from Thanksgiving but this year we decided to do it early (before the trip:) See ya soon!!!
Snow on the ground here. Much of the open water now frozen. Drove to Bayfeild Sat/Sun and saw lots of Bald eagles checking out road kill on the highway. Cool! (The eagles, not the dead stuff.) Good luck and health at the docs!
Post a Comment