Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursday

Enough went on already this week to do another post. Wow...Tuesday was fun. I spent time in the neighborhoods passing out flyers encouraging people to vote. The weather was perfect and was the right thing to do to keep me from going crazy. Didn't get much sleep that night. Wed. was working at the desk in the morning where I got a phone call from Kat saying that she was in the emergency room with Eric who was forced off his bike by an IPS School bus. Driver never saw him. He has a broken colar bone. I stopped in to see him at home and he's pumped full of drugs. Not worth to much to say the least and will be off work until at least Monday. He's one lucky guy. This is the third bicycle accident. Andrew was carrying on big time while I was there. What an entertainer. Then on to the Med. center to pack another 700 Beany babies for Eldoret Kenya. It's hard to imagine all the joy these little creatures will be bringing to Eldoret children. The container now going soon has at least 1400 stuff animals on their way to Kenya. After that I stopped at Goodwill and bought 5 doz pr. of socks for our Christmas give away at church to Bread and Bowl folks in Dec. We fill them with travel soaps, tooth brushes and lotions that people have collected during the year. I'm also hoping to have a pr. of gloves for folks as well. Cold weather is so difficult for folks with limited resources. Goodwill is another place for new gloves at a reasonable price. Our money can stretch really far with good shopping finds. At this point yesterday it was 5 pm so came home and told Doug it was Steak and Shake and then on to Bell practice. Wow...That was a long day out. Today is Bread and Bowl, meeting with Brian about our Christmas experience for Bread and Bowl along with some other things on the agenda, then a meeting with Janet, our children's Christian Ed. person about some stuff, a hair cut this afternoon and then Choir practice. I love busy days. That's it for now.

No comments: