Two weeks in Michigan were the best ever. The weather was perfect...blue sky, white clouds, green trees, wet spring made the wild flowers just beautiful and a fresh breeze, the best ever, off the lake. It was book time, hand sewing time, visiting with the Michigan family, making morning pancakes for Adam and Jacob and who ever else appeared (JB and Kimmy) and following the sun to stay warm. It was just the best two weeks in a long time. Now...it's getting everything in place for a few weeks of being a bit unable to do much. Surgery Monday. I'm ready to get rid of this pain in the neck and shoulder. But...the next 6 or 8 weeks will not be much fun to say the least. But...after that...Yahoo. Did soup kitchen yesterday, three month check up with the internist and today...getting my new glasses and a haircut. I'll be running the sweeper and getting a few things in the freezer to eat next week. I've remembered the right rotator cuff drill well. So. No surprises here unless this left shoulder is more of a piece of cake than the right. I don't think it should be worse.
This week I finished the play mats that Kat wanted for the nursery at church. It was so much fun to make them. They are like heavy quilts that will go on the floor for the babies to play on. The great part was that I stitch anything I wanted to on the mats that were related to flowers. The nursery theme is the creation and the flowers are stitched on green fabric. It was a fun project that of course made my shoulder hurt but I just plowed through with Aleve as my friend. Sad but happy to see that the mats now are full of color and the babies should enjoy them as well. I don't know what the next sewing project will be but it probably won't be as much fun as the mats. There are two of them and they are reversible. Wow...four sides of stitching.
Well, now on to the day's work. I'm feeling that it's crunch time. Preparation is the best solution to the meeting on Monday.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's Saturday morning and an unpredicted downpour is drenching Copper Harbor, along with all the folks setting up for the art fair. Glad all the Russells are not in a tent this morning! We do need the rain, and it will keep those wildflowers healthy. We'll be thinking of you Monday and hope you heal quickly!
Post a Comment