Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Time

Time seems to be crawling along. Well, perhaps that's because I'm sleeping a whole bunch. I got a call from the hospital this morning with the suggestion that I start taking pain pills with the anticipation that the pain ball will soon be empty. So I'm doing that. And since the doc said that I need to be quiet for at least 5 days pain pills seems to allow that to happen. I think I'm really doing fine other wise. This surgery just included 4 holes for correction instead of holes and an insision. What a difference that makes. I am surprised how weak my left arm has gotten in such a short time. This morning I did slip down two steps which scared me a bunch. It's those old hospital socks so I'm pitching them. I cracked the inside of my elbow on the wooden banister which hurt like %^&*$# so I added another ice pack in my sling. I don't think I did any damage to the shoulder. So...it's back to the chair with ice packs and the TV and probably sleeping again. What a life. So glad I have time to recuperate.

1 comment:

Brother Cassian said...

Just keep taking it easy, Lela. No need to break a leg by falling down the stairs. Just keep one limb out of order at a time.