Sunday, December 23, 2018

Better.

On the up swing.  Head a little thick but today, Sunday went well.  And...No big flubs at church.  Friday I took the new candles to church and got the space ready for Sunday.  I mentioned that the candles went into the freezer to promote release.  It worked.  I'm not happy with the color of one but I probably am the only one who fussed about it.  In the process of retrieving the candle from the freezer, one slipped out of my hands and landed on my foot.  OUCH. 10 pounds!!!  I was afraid I broke a bone but the only evidence now is that my foot had a very dark tone to it. Tennis shoes were the shoe of the day.  I would say it only adds to the advent candle adventure that has occurred over the last 20 or so years.  After church today the children rehearsed for the 5 pm service tomorrow evening and Ray H. and I prepared the sanctuary for that first service with lots and lots of candles.  Tomorrow evening will be busy with something to do in all three services.  I told Doug there is no place for dementia to settle in my head.  It stays way to busy with demands.  Took my usual nap this afternoon.  Watch the colts win.  Woo, woo.  Did some gift wrapping which is finished now with the exception of the stockings.  I'm in great shape.  We'll celebrate next weekend. 

1 comment:

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

Ouch, your poor foot. Can't imagine a 10 lb. candle falling on it. Yikes. So happy you didn't break it. You are one busy lady!
Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family there in Indiana!