Tuesday, October 17, 2017
The WEEKEND!
Panda Poo is back home with my little friend looking quite well. And the rest of the week was busy as ever. Soup kitchen Thurs...Picked up a car for Sarah Ellen who will be back soon from Kenya for 6 weeks. Choir practice. Then Fri...off to see Jared/family. Woo...we had a lot of great fun. Gave JB/Kimmy a huge box of cut up t shirts for the loom. Asked lots of questions and Jared said...We're weaving a rug. Woo...I learned even more after the explanation. So...Kimmy posted a few pictures on facebook. I learned that at least 80% of the work goes into getting the loom prepared with thread...leaving maybe 20% to weaving time. It was sooooo much fun. I carded wool...8 oz. Kimmy spun some wool. Worked on my braided rug resulting in taking almost the whole thing apart. It just wasn't laced correctly. "If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right". Guess who told me that. R Russ. So it will be correct. Bought two wool coats at Salvation Army...took them apart and will wash them to make the rug bigger. Visited with the kittens. Checked out the sheep. Saw the kids get off the school bus...Yahoo. Went to church. Went antiquing and Kimmy got something to hold wool when winding into balls. It's really old and unusual and works really well. And a GATE LEG table. It's sort of beat up but I still call it a great find. 5 bucks. I think JB/Kimmy will refinish it. This is only part of the weekend. So back home in Indiana. I'm knitting...will start again on the rug at some point and getting ready for the bazaar Sat at church. I'm selling honey from Michigan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment