Well...finally a Friday. I do like Mondays better. Friday means I need to get ready for Sunday. That always takes some thinking. So...what has happened...This week I've begun Advent decorating for church. That has meant that three days this week were spent at church making two huge wreaths for the sanctuary...white/gold with white silk poinsettia and one huge wreath for the west entrance...blue and gold ribbons plus silk flowers. And I've got all the greenery ready to go outside in the front and back of the church. And a few more things finished. Such a big job in a big church facility. One of the big jobs is to just get everything identified as to needs...and then create. Another friend is working on some other things that need to be completed. There is more to finish...the big put up day is Nov. 21 when a crew of retired folks will come to church to get everything in place. And then on Nov. 23rd we're off to Georgia for another huge family Thanksgiving. So Advent must be finished before we go.
Then in between all that where hours are available I've been visiting almost every day my dear 95 yr. old friend Doris. She is in a retirement home just a few miles from our home. She has taught me everything I know about liturgical art. I've made banners and worked with her for years with seasonal decorating at church. Such a special lady who wants to be on her way to heaven but is here. And I feel blessed to read many passages of Jesus Calling devotionals to her when visiting. I love her with all my heart. She still shares encouraging words. Once again her mind is clear most of the time. That was not the case a few weeks ago. So happy that she is back with us again.
Our huge musical Sunday for stewardship gathering for next year was a tremendous success. Music still worms it's way through my head. The theme was a festival of hymns with beautiful arrangements. A short sermon and I counted 11 hymns throughout the morning. It was grand.
Sunday is All Saints Sunday...Some preparation for that was arranging large containers of sand that will hold candles placed there by congregants in memory of a loved one after taking communion. We started this tradition last year and the request to continue this tradition came from many participants. It will be a good Sunday.
Today the Grandsons came over to spend the day. There was Monopoly, a very long walk for the old folks while the grandsons rode their bikes. About 2 hrs of play at the park, We dug all the carrots that Noah planted last spring. It was a very good crop. And there was time to do a bit of knitting. Christmas presents are coming.
So...that's just a bit of my life.
Friday, November 4, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment