Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Tues.

Today was a walk in the park.  Well maybe.  I worked for ME!  That means that I cleaned the sewing/TV room.  And the living room.  Woo...messed up right.  There were bags of matchbox cars that have been collected for about 2 months.  Counted them with 99% donated by Larry S.  to be sent to Kenya for children hospitalized.  Larry's count is up to 350...Woo. Larry is a really, really good guy in my book.  For a few months he brings me 20 each Sunday.  I told him it would seem that there is a car fee to enter the church building.  Crazy Larry.  Then it was sorting craft supplies that Larry bought at a garage sale.  Two boxes of good stuff that will also go to Kenya.  Next job...unpacking and repacking things that will be used to decorate for a banquet that will support hot lunches in 18 school in western Kenya.  25.00 provides a lunch for 1 child for a whole year.  Send money!!!  I'll pass it on.  Lots of things are packed for that event and ready to go next Sun. afternoon.

 I did a bit of collecting dead stuff from the garden.  It's called cleaning up the garden or something like that.  And painted some curly willow branches white for church decorating.  Woo...next Monday is the big day of decorating...I should use the word HUGE!  Wreaths are ready...flowers ordered and my hope is that all is in place for the work day.

This afternoon I spent about an hr. with Doris again.  We listened to the Messiah for a while. And then she said...I want to hear you talk.  Funny Doris.  Tomorrow I'm working about 4 hrs at church at the front desk.  I'm taking my knitting.  Oh, yes...I finished touches on a bunch of knitting.  Xmas stuff...Kids.  Starting to think about our Georgia trip next week.  Need to make a grocery list if I have time.  NO time.  Also going to try to make pie toppings.  Could make pie making easier.  Yup...this clan of folks can eat more apply pie that I can even imagine.  So..it's time to sit and watch TV if I can find something.  Knitting will continue.  It's 7:10 and I've already had an evening nap.  Now I'm good to go.

No comments: