Woo...for all you younger than I folks. The weeks tend to speed up as one gets ????? . You can fill in that word. So...the same thing happened this week. So...here's the current week's rat race notebook. I think I'll spare only sat. and today's race. My friend Diane invited me to sell stuff at her Sat. Club House Xmas sale. She makes jewelry. Beautiful jewelry. And I do fabric and another friend does pottery so it's a great sale. But it was a bit slow Sat. Her clubhouse is quite hidden which might have been the problem but...it was fun. But...the afternoon proved to be the race part. Grandson Andrew is now 10 and his party was on Sat. So...that happened at 1...then a call from Doris Douglas' daughter Nancy asked that we meet her at 2 at the Forum to pick up some things that were promised to us from her mother Doris. So...at 2 we loaded the van with a variety of stuff...one being a sewing table and a New Home Sewing machine. It's a Japanese beauty. Does tons of stuff but unfortunately didn't come with a book. So...eventually to UTube for some great explanations. But...after unloading all the other stuff...back to Diane's to participate in the sale and then pack up...Then a visit to Doris and home around 5:30...Woo...that's a big woo. And of course off to Panera to pick up pastries for church. Now that was a FULL day. This morning we picked up a parishioner on the way to church. Waldeen helps us with hospitality. Her car is being repaired. Busy morning as usual...Waldeen went to first service...Came back to the Community to work with me and I asked if she was feeling well. She just wasn't her self. Well, she was pretty pale for her brown skin. She has had bypass surgery a few years ago so...We got the parish nurse to check her out and then it was 911 and off to the hospital for her. Pray for Waldeen. As the ambulance was leaving the church...6 of us who were with her formed a prayer circle in the portico. A prayer for guidence and healing. Then...off to choir practise...second service was a service of health and heeling which was just so full filling. Goodness knows...I needed that. Then...home by 1...playing more with the sewing machine trying to fill a bobbin. Off to Joan Fabrics for some help...stop to see Doris which today was very quite...thirsty. I fed her a lot of ice. She chokes so easily. Not a whole lot of conversation. We listened to some of the music I recorded at church this morning. She shared how much she misses music.
So...the hope is that now it's 5Pm the plan is to sit in my chair with my feet up and stay real quiet for a spell. Oops...forgot that after Waldeen went to the hospital I meet the Sr. hi kids and we moved a whole bunch of nativities from the attic to the first floor We have over 100 that we line the sanctuary windows with for the month of Dec. Last ;year was angels and the people were a bit miffed. So...this year we've had people tell us.that they want them back. So...Dec. thinking is in earnest. As I look at the calendar for the week. Humm...the beginning is pretty clear...the end is a mess once again.
Sunday, November 13, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment