Monday, November 21, 2016

Another week.

Woo...I hate how fast the week disapears.  Another gang buster.  I'll just start with Sat.  Got Kenya things together in suitcases and headed on over to All Souls Unitarian Church with decorating stuff.  Sunday to church by 7...got hospitality going and then choir and then church.  It was All Saints Sun.  Great sermon and wonderful music as usual.  Then off to get ready for the banquet that honored the Umoja project in Kenya that feeds school children for many their only meal of the day.  25.00 provides food for one child for one year.  We had over 100 people there to celebrate the program and raise a little more money for the program.  The place looked like a bit of Kenya and the food was all Kenyan.  Lots of fun with friends but I was BUSHED.  Home and in bed by 9:30 not even unloading the van.  So...Now comes Monday...today.  The van got unloaded and by 7:30 was off to church to decorate for Advent and Christmas.  8am...arrived and got a whole lot of preporation finished for the crew that arrived at 9.  And we worked until 12 with everything completed.  What wonderful worker bees.  They worked all the details to a t.  And...sanctuary, chapel, gathering place, parlor and west entrance looks Adventy!  Is that a word?  Probably not.  By request...over 100 nativities are in every nook and cranny.  3 large wreaths are hung 14 banners are hung.  I am very happy with the results.  Woo, woo...lets hear it for the workers.  This afternoon worked on a long shopping list for Georgia celebration, visited Doris and did a short shop at the grocery.  Tonight some washing...tomorrow completing a project for Sarah Ellen and by noon or so...hope to be on the road.  I will be so happy to be in that car and on the way south for Thanksgiving with the Russell family at Conyers Georgia.  Home next week.

No comments: