Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tuesday evening

Woo...the big event this week already.  We are remodeling the liturgical banner closet at church and the dates I was given to do this was the 15th through 17.  Well, a short trip to church Monday turned into a long day at church on Monday when I got the message that remodeling was from the 8th to the 10th.  So...get to work I did.  Thank goodness I started moving things a few weeks ago.  But Monday's work included moving about 50 banners into the sanctuary so banner hangers could be moved.  I'm a little fussy about who does something with the banners and I really wanted to do all the moving myself.  And I did!  Moved a few other things (10 lg. boxes of silk flowers) needed moving so the time at church was from 11 to 4:30...Woo way to much work but felt good knowing that banners were being treated fairly and the space was ready for the remodel today.  Woo...the body was hurting with all the stair travel involved among other things.  Now the sanctuary is littered with banners waiting to be rehung in their new space Friday morning.  This project should have been done years ago.  I guess better late than never.  I counted 74 banner hangers with many of them having more than one banner hanging on them.  So...best guess...over 100 wonderful pieces of work. 

Today Noah came for a visit.  Such a fun time with him.  I finished a liturgical stole for Danyelle D.  that she can wear for Communion Sun.  Lots of fun doing that because I can choose to embellish any way I want to.  This one is a white sheer over gold lame with some pearls stitched at different places.  Danyelle is a newly ordained  pastor and short on stoles. 

Tomorrow it's back to church to put Advent/Christmas away.  I started doing a little of that Monday because things needed to be changed out and I can do a better job of thinking up new stuff to do when I'm by myself.  It brings back memories of how I did things while teaching. 

Sunday service is structured around...Remember your baptism...So...there are some new things that I hope will support the service visually given my thinking time used on Monday.  Met with Pastor Darren and I had a blast thinking the service through visually with him.  He knows what it takes and is structurally sound. 

Thursday is B and B...For a couple of months I will have three student nurses each week from Marion University who will be volunteering during the morning.  Yahoo for us.  I love those nurses.  Gives me a chance to observe and not work so hard.  Delegation!!!!

House is still pretty quiet.  I spent a little time last week sewing a clown costume for Adam and two extra clown vests for Jacob and Eli.  Sent them on their way and Kimmy's blog pictures show complete happiness on Adam's face.  What a gift.  I found a clown wig at Goodwill along with some crazy socks that I thought were going to be mine but Adam thought they should be his.  So...from head to toe...Adam's a clown. 

No comments: