Saturday, January 19, 2013

Celebrating

Well, for the most part, the Visual Arts Closets...yes with an s have been gone through.  Banners are all hanging, silk flowers as well as other visuals are all in their place.  Candle Closet is once again seen some attention and the attic room has been checked again and the old conference room is looking A-ok.  Woo...My mind is completely organized as relating to those places at church.  I know what's there!  That is until someone stuffs something else there.  Now I'm waiting for one more coat rack type thing.  Some items are hanging from pipes in the ceiling in the conference room.  Got to get that fixed.  It's on order...When will it appear?

 Last night I sewed some covers to go over the banners and today or soon I'm shopping for an air filter for the banner room.  It seems that people who know about that sort of thing say we need it.  Gosh...what will I do with my time?  I'll figure out something. 

Kat asked for two Super Man Capes...and the sewing machine had time to do that.  They are here waiting for two surprised boys who I'm sure will have a blast with them.  I used some blue corduroy that I found in our attic.  I think it might have been from Dee's old puppet theater.  There was red velvet as well.  Dee?  Fabric seemed pretty good!  Woo.  Could it be 45 years old or something like that. 

Had a great visit with Doris Douglas yesterday and reported to her that all the banners have found a home together.  What a great banner making lady.  Her body is failing her and it brings so much stress to her alert mind.  It is difficult for her to stand up straight now.  Her spine is deteriorating and she has a lot of pain.  So sad to see.  So I'll try to stop in more to see her.  She said it's very difficult and almost impossible to give life the old college try.  But she wants to. 

No comments: