More stuff done. The banner closet continues to fill my days. Yesterday, I numbered all the banner pole hangers with numbers 1 to 103. I also put in place the sheet covers that will protect the banners. Makes me feel like I'm putting them to bed when I pull the sheets over the banners. And I rehung some other things with skirt hangers that have been donated.
A few days ago Patty gave me a binder filled with lots of papers of information that Doris wrote from time to time relating to the banners she made. It was a mish mash of stuff that I really didn't look forward to going through and organizing but I started. And it proved to be a most interesting two hrs of work. I used clear plastic sleeves and inserted information about a particularly banner and a picture if we had one, into the sleeve. There are now 36 completed sleeves matching 30 banners. Those sleeves will be numbered to match the number on the pole of the banner hanging in the closet. There are any more banners waiting to be done soon when Rosie and I visit Doris with a laptop to talk about the banner. And...we have someone who will be typing all the information in some better way of preservation since much of the work I did thus far was hand written by Doris.
Oh, yes...Doug and I were at church together Wed. and we photographed ALL of the banners. What a job but again so worthwhile to pull stuff out and think about all the memories that came back over the years. So lots of work continues. Purchased an air filter for the room but discovered that the electrical plugs had been cut off from the source of electricity. That will be fixed.
Yesterday I spent about 2 hours with Doris looking at all the banner pictures and pictures of the room full of hanging banners and just talking. We go back almost 40 years of friendship doing a lot of crazy and then meaningful things together.
Now tomorrow, Sunday should prove to be interesting. Peter Howe and I...mostly Peter are organizing the second annual Art Fair in the Community Rm. In Nov. there was a photography contest with the goal of folks photographing something that might remind us of LIGHT. Photographers really dig this kind of thing. AND...Doug R won first place. But all the photos submitted will be displayed. Other folks who work with some aspect of art, being CD recording, painting, fabric art, re purposing something into an example of art will be on display. The second A Fair is bigger than the first and it might be moved to Fellowhip Hall next year.
Also tomorrow there is a dinner and birthday party as well. That place will be hopping. We thought we chose a Sunday when nothing else was happening. Bum luck for sure. Or maybe not.
So that's if for now.
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment