What I thought was to be an easy week with not much on the calendar didn't turn out that way. Life is full of surprises. My friend Beth's mother died about two weeks ago and she needed to clean out her mother's apartment at the Forum. And her mother was a sewer. You guessed it. Monday I went to the apartment and Beth said...take it all. So I didn't take all but a lot of it. Thread! Fabric! and more of the same. Monday afternoon and evening I spent going through bags and bags of stuff and making decisions. Woo...wore me out. Most of this is drapery fabric but not all. So...I have some beautiful pillows finally on the couch. Tuesday went to lunch with teacher friends. Wed. got my three suitcases packed for the Kenya carnival today. Two are full of education things and the other is full of things that can be sold at the Kenya Store. The plan is to come home with nothing in that suitcase. Fingers crossed. Thursday was b and b and also took Saloma to Walmart for another job interview and then on to Sec. Presb. for an Umoja meeting with a group of ladies who are working with ladies in Kenya who want to start a small business Things are moving right along. It seems that raising onions is a big money maker. Friday Doug and I finally folded up all the vacation tent stuff. It's packed away for next year.
And of course spending time wondering where Isaac is heading has been on the agenda. Rain should arrive today and the Kenya Carnival is all set to be held inside Sec. Presb. church. Should be an interesting day. Sec. Presb. is huge and I'm sure it will be stuffed with people. I'm leaving home around 10:30 and expect to get back here around 7. A total of $35,000 is needed to support another year of activity and today's Carnival goal is at least $15,000. Kids have worked all year on money projects.
Saturday, September 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment