Woo...in some respects I feel like I've been hit by a mac truck. That's what 74 feels like after way to much going on. Thursday was the beginning. Bread and Bowl or soup kitchen with no Diane to cook in the kitchen. I knew that...So...I cooked and supervised. That means keeping folks busy with jobs that needed to be completed...3 Marion Un. nursing students and 18 yr. old dear Joe who has some learning difficulties, Jeff who is doing community service and Salome who butters the bread and Eva who makes the salad. It's just a bit to much but I made it through. Diane will be back Thursday. Yahoo.
Friday Doug and I helped to move many, many office supply boxes filled with school supplies donated by church folks to school 43. The truck was full, Eric O's 15 passenger van was full, Tom's Taho was full and the trunk of the car held the spill overs. Twenty some teachers some of them getting 4 boxes of requested supplies. That was about 3 hrs. of really intense work. The teachers should feel as if they got a wonderful boost. North sends at least 10 folks to tutor all year long. Patty H. organizes this project and she does a better then ever job to make this work for us. Organization is her name.
This morning was hospitality time again and when arriving at church noticed that helper Waldene was NOT there. So...It could have been called the Doug and Lela show. Doug makes the coffee, sometimes at least 15 pots. I really could have used help but after moving like a house on fire...we were ready for the crowd by 8 am. And we closed up early...10:15 and I made it to church...Two other folks did help close up. Yahoo. People are coming back to church. Kids are in school and we were busy, busy. Second service was full.
The music was the best ever and the sermon about the Carmel Housewife was great. Now this is the Carmel lady Abigail who lived during David's time in Carmel. Gotcha! A great sermon to affirm woman. So this afternoon...a two hr. nap and I hope to ease into next week with a little more sanity. Some weeks are like this even in Australia. Remember Alexandra?
Finished two tooth fairy pillows for Andrew and Noah. Fun, fun. I'm ready to work on decorating some drapes for the little boys room. And I have 4 robes to shorten for church kids. I also started a knitting project. That's a wonderful sit down job but my hands do a bit of screaming if I work to long. So...now you are sort of caught up. Nothing on the calendar tomorrow. Tues. lunch out with my great retired teacher friends and that will get the week going. Thursday B and B and a meeting with Laura who is home for a visa renewal which will take her back to Kenya to work with the Umoja project and Sat....Kenya Carnival and Sec. Presb. I will have a booth. Woo...tired thinking about that but I know the energy will be there. Kenya kids have many, many school needs. The goal again is to raise 35,000.00 dollars. Some Indy kids have worked all year raising money.
Sunday, August 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you just wore me out. Alexander and the Horrible No Good Very Bad Day. At least you didn't get white shoes with white stripes.
I am glad you remember the title, Jared. Sort of. I believe it is really called Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Really Very Bad Day. By Judith Viorst.
Well, maybe I should trust the title that Amazon has:
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Post a Comment