Quite an eventful few days. Late yesterday afternoon I got an e-mail from friend Emily which required a quick trip to her house with supper with some good Kenyan friends. Great talk, great Kenyan food and just a wonderful evening that ended at almost 11 pm. One of the evening Kenyan friends a young lawyer is here for a procedure on her vocal cords this morning. Another is Elsie who has been here for 6 years working with the Imani workshop but is returning to Kenya to live in mid May. There were in-laws from Vancover, as well as others. Fun,fun.
Yesterday afternoon I planted 3 cabbage and 3 broccoli plants along with some onions. I was surprised how warm the soil was. The nights are very cold near frost but I think that will change soon.
This morning I am taking Salomi to Wishard Hospital for an 8 am appointment with a doctor. I'll leave the house at 7 am so this will probably be a long morning watching people while waiting for Salomi.
I had a lunch date with old teacher friends but that might need to be ignored if we're still at Wishard.
The quilt top is finished. Last patch went in at 4 pm yesterday. It doesn't need me any more. Now I need to talk with someone about long arm quilting to put this thing all together. I'll be spending more time in the flowerbeds and garden in the next few days.
Monday, April 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment