Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wed. evening

A little tired here. I've developed somehow an inflammation in my right eye. It's painful, sensitive to light, feeling much like it did immediately after surgery. What caused it...Doc said if he knew he could stop working. So it's drops again and should take about 3 weeks to clear up. Seems to be something new to think about all the time. Last week I decided to do something I wanted to so I played with fabric. I found a wonderful book at the library called Liberated Quilting. The thought is to do what you want to. Well, I've made two baby quilts and they are just so much fun to look at. Lots of color and quilt patches going everywhere. It's liberated for sure. I have one baby to give a quilt to but who knows who will get the second one. I'm wondering if working on quilts made my eye unhappy. Sewing was quite intence. I decided to wrap gifts and that's finished. I need to clean the house, mop the floor and finish thinking about food for the weekend. JB/family are coming Christmas morning. Our family Christmas will happen Sunday. Tomorrow I'm looking at plans to remodel a room at church for visual arts items. Sounds like something I really need to think responsibly about. That happens after Bread and Bowl. It's time for more eye drops and then off to bed.

One very sad thing happened yesterday. Daughter-in-law Kimmy's almost best friend Sammy died. Sammy was Kimmy's first horse and had a very interesting history. First a race horse with some great races, then a therapy horse that was a part of Kimmys sisters rehab from a very serious illness and then Sammy was given to Kimmy to care for. Sammy was a well mannered horse that left anyone ride him...Even me. Great memories but certainly will be missed. Jared has written about Sammy on their blog with lots of pictures posted. That blog is rockinrfarms.blogspot.com

No comments: