Today was a day I've been looking forward to. I saw the surgeon this morning. X-rays were taken and I saw the metal knee that I now have. Looked impressive to me. The better part yet was the fact that because I attended early to my knee I got away with apart of a total replacement. So...bum knee people. Get with it and go before the bone is crippled. Much easier and quicker healing than a total if you can find a Doctor skilled to do the surgery. It's a trickier surgery but my doc invented a new procedure to insert a device he designed with a much smaller incision to get it in. I will still say there is a fair amount of pain. That part is over and I'm a happy camper. I still have three more PT sessions and then I'm free to be me. Stairs still present problems but getting better little by little. Elevators are my friend. This afternoon I went shopping at Good Will. What bargains if one shops. I found two dress jackets but left them there because tomorrow Senior Cit. get 30% off. I REALLY like bargains. They probably will be 3 bucks a piece. This particular store has great stuff for professional people.
Yesterday I was feeling so good that I swept, dusted and threw out a ton of stuff. Now that's a really good feeling. I love it when I can make decisions. More closets to go. Summer clothes are packed away and the drawers are full of winter stuff. I locked up all the windows ready for the furnace to go on. Tomorrow brother Jim is coming to see Mary K and I. I'll be busy in the morning and evening but will find time to see him in the afternoon. I don't know how long he will be here but I'm always sooooooo happy to see him.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment