Friday, November 6, 2009

It's TGIF

Woo...another week of busy, some of it same old same old as JB would say. Coloring with fabric. I have a wall hanging of snowmen ready to put a back on. I think this one is mine. The sewing room floor is never clean any more. Doug continues with PT three times a week. He continues to improve but still is not driving. So...I'm on the road again or something like that. He is complaining about my driving so I take that as feeling better and perhaps driving for him will come sooner than later. That leaves me to say that I need to be doing some car shopping. What a pain. A friend suggested that I look at a Kia. They are cute little cars with Korean ties. One looks like a small, small SRV. Just another way to mess with my mind. What do I want? I might just go back to a Civic. No big plans today so car shopping might happen. Yesterday was soup kitchen day. We are getting busier and busier. The food from Second Helpings is wonderful. I think we fed around 80 folks. Last night was choir practice.
I'm back to knitting hats for newborns. One of our choir folks will start cemo this week. And...she's ordered small hats for her little head when she looses her hair. I've got to get on that soon. Woo...no hair in the winter. That is not good. Andrea has been diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer that affects her kidney. One as been removed and treatment is very hard to determine. Many doctors have been consulted and a trip to Nashville was made. Few options are open to her that would show success. So. a leap of faith is being made.

1 comment:

bucktd said...

Stick with the Honda. I think you'll be happier with the fit and finish and the reliability. The Koreans are making good cars but they aren't at Honda's level yet. Civic can be had for about 15k new. That's extremely cheap for a car of that size and quality. The Fit is smaller but will hall a TON with the seats down. You should be able to get one of those for about 14k new. Both would be cheaper used or certified.