Thursday, October 29, 2009

Now it's Thursday

I've moved up a day as you all probably have noticed. Wow...today was a buster. Well, I feel busted. It is soup kitchen day and the news was that Tuesday was a huge day with food running out by 11:30. Also there were lots of grouchy people in the Community Rm. We try to be open an hour. So...I decided to let this not happen today. We had two pans of spag. and meatballs from Second Helpings. I added ham and collard greens...a huge kettle full, baked beans...two gal doctored up...6 heads of lettuse in a salad...some little sandwiches the inside stuff coming from econd Helpings.,. and pasteries as usual from Krogers along with buttered bread. Well, all went well and the food held out. Of course the people waiting for second helpings didn't get any because there were no second helpings. But, I know they really were probably full because their plates were heaped when they first came through the line. There was carry out soup as well. We served about 80 folks, usually it's around 50...And by 10:30 most of the help arrived but it was the prep that started around 8:30 that really took a ton of energy. I need a few more early arrivals but I'm really happy to see them when ever they get to the kitchen. It's really good to have a good reason to be tired. I took a nap this afternoon when Doug was at PT. I think we'll make it to choir practice tonight. I'm hopeful. Christmas music is starting. Yahoo. I finished another sewing project today. Fun, fun. I've got to start thinking about what comes next. The calendar is bare for the next three days and that's such good news. I'm going to loaf!!!!! Might try the library for an hr. or two. This afternoon is our last Farmers' Mkt at church. Winter is on our heels. It's All Saints Day Sunday and the visuals are in place. Wow...that's thinking ahead for sure. Being a teacher got that cemented in my brain.

No comments: