Saturday, October 10, 2009

Another Saturday

This morning was another PT session. Thursday Doug got rid of the walker! And today seemed to be another small turning point when he emerged from PT. He's walking better with a cane and I suggested we could check in with the choir at their retreat which he said SURE! Wow...So after PT we went to see the choir members at a near by church. I really think that impacted his mental health. Yeah for a new adventure. This afternoon we watched the football games and we really watched. Doug didn't do much sleeping and I asked when he had his last pain pill and he said this morning at 8. So...that means...PT has happened, choir visit has happened and it's almost 6 pm. Now...that's really good news. I'm sure there is some pain but it's lessoning. PT continues for another 4 weeks, we have the machine that exercises his leg when he sleeps for another week. It was to go today but Medicare pays for three weeks and I said we wanted it. At least Doug is doing that here at home if nothing else. I continue to have fun at the sewing machine and have started again to knit tiny little hats for newborns that help to keep their body heat in their bodies. These will go to Kenya. I think I have twenty already but will knit hard and heavy in the coming weeks. It has been known that 4 can be knitted in a day. That means I'm sitting on my tush for most of the day. If I do 4 a day I'll be around 80 before SEM goes back to Kenya. That will be almost impossible but whatever I get will be sent on it's way.

No comments: