That's the story from here. It's in the machine...pain pills...a little tv then some home exercises, then it's the big PT trip to the PT center...then a little food...more TV. I think you all have the picture. We did do a trip to the Surgeon. That was a bit confusing but the bottom line is that the surgeon would like to see more progress then what has happened so far. So...now Doug is at the BIG HOUSE and the warden is in charge. So we've stepped it up somewhat. It's back to the doc to get the staples out Monday. More ouch!
I've been sewing a bit which has been tons of fun and something else to think about. I've made a really cute nightgown with little pink rose buds, ruffels and ribbon and a pink PJ bottom for a 2 soon to be 3 yr old little girl at church. I had to find a girl somewhere. I should be starting on Christmas things. I have the fabric but I need to think about the cutting part a bit more. The sewing room is really full with the addition of Doug since steps are an issue but it won't be for long, perhaps another week or two. We're managing well. Doug moves between the bed, the chair and the bathroom most of the time and then down the steps when necessary. This morning is another PT session. They have been about 2 hrs long. I need to make a trip to church to fix the altar with bread/wheat and grapes, African pots and gourds for World Wide Communion tomorrow.
That's the fun part for me.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am checking in here for updates, Warden. Thanks for the news. I hope the surgeon is happier at the next visit. I keep remembering our mother's resistance to PT; it did not do her much good in the long run, although in the short run it cut out some pain.
Post a Comment