No one told me where time goes. Guess no one knows.
Today will be a heap of fun. This afternoon I'm going to Butler to work with pharmacy students from 2 to 5 pm. These are 5th yr students ready to go out to work in pharmacys next year. I have COPD (pretend) and am hard of hearing or I might pretend to be blind ( vasoline on glasses )or close to it. The students need to teach me correct inhaler techniques. I can give them grief any way I please. They have to deal with me in a positive manner. I've done this before and it's fun. Some students catch on to the disability and some just fly right by. The session will be video taped for the professors. It's something really different to do. Another teaching experience.
Still knitting. I'm up to my 60th stocking hat. Crazy isn't it. It's probably really around 75 if I count the first batch. I hung 6 easily made banners yesterday in the sanctuary for our Sunday of Missa Gaia. Today I want to work on two 4 by 4 pieces that will be hung in the front choir loft. One is a 45 inch blue round piece representing the famous picture of earth taken from space. I've got to do a little painting on the fabric but will do that at church since it is so big. I'm also lettering another 4x4 piece with the earth is the Lords from Psalms.
I think the sanctuary decorations are completed when these two pieces are finished.
This morning at church I'm meeting with a man who replates brass. That should cost a mint but we're hoping for a deal if we do all of what needs to be done.
At 5 today there is an UMOJA meeting at church. My friend is setting me up to do some sort of function, maybe a dinner when Joseph visits from Kisumu Kenya early in Sept. I'm working with a dinomo from Second Presb. It's the sr. preachers wife. She is a go getter to say the least. Should be fun. Since I'm going to Kenya with friend Ellen, I need to keep her "happy". Well, that's my excuse for not saying no to her. This should be a one time deal so I might be up to it.
Saturday I declared war on ants in the kitchen. I have a very clean kitchen now with oiled cabinet doors and get rid of ant powder everywhere and IT'S WORKING! Wow. Get's me excited. It's a big deal. Now you all are caught up for a few days.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
what do you mean pretend to be hard of hearing???? and your blind with out your glasses anyway so dont need to pretend there either. :-)
I agree with older brother on the hearing issue. Pretend?!? Just act normal and see what they diagnose you with... I have a feeling hard of hearing will be a no brainer for them. Or maybe it's just the difference between hearing and listening to your children.
Be kind to this old lady Baby R's Dad. Daddy is getting Cataracts of on both eyes next week. He is the blind one. One Tues. and one Wed.
Post a Comment