Monday, April 13, 2009
Monday eve
Good Friday entry was a bit short. Some how I got intrupted and stopped writing. Easter was just a super day. Great music, great preaching and the church had about 300 for the first service and it was stuffed to the rafters for the second service. I would say at least 900. Chairs in the aisles as well and people sitting in the narthex. It was a festive morning. Decorations were just super with good help arriving Sat. morning for putting up Easter banners and flower arrangements that were hung on the sides of the sanctuary. We worked as fast as possible starting at 9 and were finished everywhere by 12:00. I baked 4 coffee cakes for Hospitality Hr. and our donations from Panera were more than usual. So...folks ate and visited all over the church and we had plenty for all. I called it the feeding of the 5000. A few church folks brought in pastries they had made so all was well. I usually am almost unable to crawl after such a busy morning but that didn't happen yesterday. But...I didn't sing in the choir. I had a bit of sense about that. We did play handbells for both services and that was my contribution to worship. We ate at Stake and Shake on the way home and I knitted another hat in the afternoon. Wow...the sewing room is all put away. It was the biggest mess with decorator fabric everywhere repairing banners and making a set of new ones. My big banner sewing projects are all completed. Yahoo! I just finished placemats for Jacob and Adam. Jacob had one and Adam didn't so now they are getting two placemates just alike. I'm wondering if that will help out with Adam. Poor guy. I made a placemat for Jacob when Adam was still in the highchair but that's not the case now. I'll get them in the mail tomorrow morning. I'm loving these long evenings when it's still daylight. Today I took back to church washed and ironed tablecloths we used yesterday, another set of banners that needed fixing that we will use this summer. It was such a gray, wet and rainy cold day just perfect for cleaning the visual arts closet at church. I'm feeling good about what was accomplished today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment