I'm wondering how many I have left? 70 year olds think about that. The Mondays are flying past quicker than I can catch them. It seems that the Russell brothers are getting back to their roots with snow in Atlanta and Dallas. That should give them a check on reality. Sunny and warm in the south it isn't. This week has been interesting. I continue to knit at least a hat a day. Some days it's two. I'm working on that yarn that arrived here from Atlanta. It is still a huge amount even after giving some to Regena and JB. I'm up to 30 hats at this point with enough yarn to make at least 300. The hats will go to Bread and Bowl community folks next fall and there should be plenty to spread other places.
Hospitality time at North yesterday was a ZOO. And...Doug (I didn't know this) decided to give blood at the health fair in the middle of the morning leaving the coffee pot job empty. I made so many pots of coffee keeping my nose to the job until I lost count of the number. Glad to see him back but the huge rush was over by the time he arrived. Good planning on his part. Morehouse College Glee Club from Atlanta will be singing Sat. night at church. That's always brings a huge crowd as well. Sunday morning they are singing at first service but will be eating breakfast before that which is my responsibililty of delivering. I'll be working Sat. on the egg casserole part. Should be fun but again extermely busy on Sun. Bells played this Sunday which meant another crazy morning with two of our hospitality workers in Hong Kong. I had a back up person that called at 6am Sunday morning with excuses. Made us short of people but we delivered just the same. We just ran a little faster on the gerbil wheel. This afternoon I'm off to the dentist to get a crown put on a broken tooth. 70 is a bummer.
This week I'll be getting stuff together to have a visual arts work day next Monday. Lent is here and Easter is right behind. So...it's Easter preparation next Monday. It's always something.
Sunday Church has been awesome. Great music and great sermons. I look forward to that every week. You can hear what happens in the service on the pod cast found at www.northchurchindy.com
That's it for another Monday March 2
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well someone else will be in the
70's this July and others are closing in fast. At least a couple more years for the TX one - or so he tells me.
Post a Comment