Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Good Morning

Well, it's early morning and I'm taking a break from the bed. Will try sleep again in a minute or so. Last week it was Morehouse College for Sunday breakfast. This past Sun. it was Greenville College for brunch. Such good music on another Sunday. I joked with Mark about...who is coming to breakfast next Sun. and he said Morman Tab. Choir. What a joke. I quite. After church Doris and I went to see the Pirates of Penzance at Clowes Hall. Talk about a crazy story. That one is crazy. Costumes were wonderful.

This week so far. Yesterday I went to church to finish cleaning up after the brunch thing. The clean up crew did a wonderful job but there are always things that don't get back to where they belong. I brought home six banners we are using for Easter that need new backing. I bought the material at Hancock and then started to sew. That's the best. The banners will once again be usable. Went to the grocery for a few things and then on to Sec. Presb. Church for a UMOJA meeting about raising money for highschool tuition for Kenya students. The Sec. annual carnival is going to happen once again. This meeting is sooooo energizing one reason is that it is run by kids entirely with behind the scenes super adult mentoring. The first Carnival cleared $8,000.00 for tuition for one year for 20 students. We've got to keep those kids in western Kenya in school. They are all orphans of HIV/Aids. I finished the day with a great meeting at Greenspace on invasive plants of Indiana. Very interesting. Oops...I forgot the first thing yesterday. I was off to get a cat scan of my neck. I've had a pain there for just about a year. I have a real problem of remembering to talk to the doc about stuff like this. I really thought that given time it would go away. Well, guess that's not the case. Must not be serious or I'd be dead at this point. It's just such an pain in the neck! I really think it's something that needs PT. Gardening is hard, sometimes sewing is a pain. I think my neck could do a better job holding my head up. So good to hopefully have some to work on now that I've had the scan. We did a bunch of other stuff that just didn't do much to correct the problem and now...there might be hope. Today, Tues...the calendar is empty and I can do more banner sewing. Yahoo. I might even finish them. But...back to bed. It's 3:45. Not time to start sewing.

No comments: