Saturday, February 7, 2009

A flying week

Saturday evening again. Jim called tonight. That was very good. I was doing the instant message thing with him and the phone rang and there he was! Just about a year ago Mary K and I saw him in Mexico. That was very, very good. This week has been a gut buster again. Just lots going on. Still sewing...two bags to sell and starting on some costumes for the 6 year olds at church to play in. It's all bible type stuff. Head gear, bags to carry things in and some vests and little coat type stuff. It's all coming out of my brain and that keeps me occupied. I love it. Knitted two hats as well. It's been DARN @#$^%& cold this week. It gets to my brain after a while. Wed. and Thursday at church we had some real hardship cases. One guy was ready to commit suicide. So...that took a bit of time. He was new to the city not having a good place to stay and out in the cold and no job. That would stress the best. Brian on our staff was scheduled to be at a meeting but changed his plans and was a huge help. He is a wonderful addition working on community issues and a seminary graduate from Duke. And then he had his apartment broken into Thursday afternoon and was totally cleaned out. Terrible, terrible. That's after his car was broken in to Christmas Eve in our parking lot. Thursday at soup kitchen a girl came in high on drugs with no socks, and canves shoes that were torn and soaked to the max. That was another tough one. We found shoes in our church lost and found and I gave her my socks. I have more in the drawer. All of this is a bit unusual but who knows how many other cases we will have? She probably won't remember where she got her shoes and who knows how long she will have them. Life is crazy. Today I purchased 42 pr. of gloves to add to the 20 I found yesterday all of these coming from Walmart. We're getting ready for next winter and hitting the sales. We gave out about 50 pr. of gloves this year. It's interesting to realize that receiving a pair of gloves on a very cold day will help the receiver make it through another day.
There's more but that's all you are getting!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, but I feel cheated! There's more and I don't get to hear all about it! Now I will just have to use my imagination - and I will let it run wild!!