Saturday, January 31, 2009

Best week ever

Yes...this has been the best week ever. Some would say I'm crazy but it's been a super week.
Sunday I took the bibs and hats to church and sold a bunch. Preacher preached about when is enough enough. Super thinking on his part and it got me to thinking when he mentioned plastic or paper as one would hear at the grocery. Well, the brain went into action and I know what I was going to do this week with yards of denim I was given along with yards of red poplin. Bags...bags...bags. I've sewen 10 bags this week that could be used for groceries. They are bright and colorful and have some sort of applique on the front. Some have a ladies' hat, kite, apple, umbrella, bee, cart etc. I got to use fabric scraps, buttons, ric rack, ribbon and just had a blast decorating all of the above. I call it coloring with fabric. What fun. I have enough fabric to make 3 more. That could happen next week if I need them. What fun. Then also this week boxes of yarn were delivered to the door sent from Georgia from a friend of Dee's. So...on Wed. which was a huge snow day...12 inches in fact I cleaned up my sewing room and got it organized with colorful yarn just everywhere. I felt like it was Christmas opening the boxes. The yarn makes the room look very cozy. I knitted a hat this week and am starting another one this evening. Just to busy with the bags. I'm giving some yarn to Regena Slater who also knits hats and will send some to Jared at some point. He is way to busy with his new toy. It's a tv things I think called wii or something like that. Wed. we did not move from the house on Wed. Just sewed and sewed and did a bit of shoveling and finished up Thursday morning. Our snow removal guy didn't get here for some reason so the shovel method still works. Thursday soup kitchen was huge even with all the snow. We gave away gloves and hats and fleece scarves and need to stock up on both. I cut all the fleece which came to .50 a scarf. How cheap can it get? Well it wasn't free but .50 is pretty good. Hats will be easy. Church ladies are knitting. TOMORROW...Souperbowl. Go Steelers. It was a very good week.

No comments: