Monday, November 19, 2018

Monday evening.

My goodness...Lots of stuff is happening.  The Umoja dinner was wonderful.  200 people...20 huge tables...great food and lots of money raised for the children of western Kenya.  The place looked stunning with great table decorations.  Woo...lots of work for a great cause.  I've slowly been collecting stuff for our Georgia trip.  Tomorrow morning is the exit hour from Carmel.  So...car needs to get packed.  Clothes are in the suit case.  And we hope to be on the road by 10.  Today was a very eventful day.  Way to eventful.  First thing...couldn't find my phone.  Eric called it and found it in the closet in a pr. of pants.  Then I  lost the coffee cup in the dark bedroom.  That happens often and then while getting the suitcase from the garage...I did a horrible face plant on the cement.  Twisted an ankle.  Woo...that was horrible.  And resulted in two chipped front teeth.  But...I now call my dentist Jesus the miracle worker.  He fixed both of them and one would never know they had been chipped.  I am blessed.  I was a basket case.  But...also another thing about the face plant...I have a lip that is still leaking after 8 hrs.  What a heck of a day!  Just was a little shaken by all of that.   It's been a three fall time this month.  Must be getting a little off center.  Then there was an afternoon visit with my regular doc.  That had been scheduled for 9 months and I got a tetanus shot that was recommended by my dentist.  I had Doug drive me everywhere!!!   So the rest of the day has been pretty tame.  Thank goodness.  Being slow is not a bad thing.  So tomorrow morning we'll pack the car and be on a two day trip to Conyers, Georgia to be with family arriving back in Indy next Monday.  Book reading and knitting will keep me busy in the car.  Maybe a nap will be worked in as well. 

No comments: