Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Yikes...Time flies.

A whole week has flown by.  Maybe more.  Christmas finally came last week meaning that the Michigan kids were well enough to "fly" south.  So...great fun...Fri. afternoon till Sunday afternoon.  I must admit that 5  grandsons make a lot of noise.  Woo...a lot of noise.  I just took out my hearing aids.  Easy.  Lots of cooking...Lots of gifting...Lots of laughing and Yes...lots of noise.  It was a great weekend.  So....just a little pooped and Monday went to church to put away Advent and Xmas...then I was really pooped.  7 great friends came to help and they were all busy.  So...most things are near where they will be stored or already in storage.  It takes a village.  Tues...One last banner made by Doris Douglas came home to be refurbished.  It's huge.  I think 45 inches by 8 feet.  Lots of pulling and tugging to get it to the sewing machine.  It now has an insides and backing with additional stitching.  Not quite finished with it but I'm closer...Humm...won't need it till next Advent.  But I want to get it off my "to do" list.  There always is something that is ready to take it's place on the "to do" list.  This banner was made in the 70's for a conference and I just could not figure out how and where to use it at North. But...a Light Dawned!  It's covered with at least 14 words all the same...LIGHT.  And it's the light that came at Xmas...so...it's an Advent banner that we now use behind the Advent Candles we light each Sunday.  So...it's a real keeper.  Strange how things work out.  Must be a God moment.  So...ready to sit for a spell...well maybe a minute or two.  Still going to the Y two times a day walking about 3 miles.  So happy the Y is about 2 miles from our house and with Silver Sneakers...Woo...makes lots of sense.  Diabetic numbers are good.  Tomorrow is soup kitchen and then Choir practice in the evening.  Hope to get to the greenhouse tomorrow to get two large plants for the sanctuary.  Altar flowers are few and far between in the coming weeks.  And...folks want something alive at the altar.  I prefer live plants...not anything other than that. A little care keeps them alive for a very long time. 

1 comment:

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

Nice you are talented and can refurbish the banner. Sounds like a nice one. Isn't the Silver Sneaker's program wonderful. That is what we have too and the SportsZone is only two miles from our house. Loved seeing Kimmy's pictures of your Christmas with them. So nice! I have seven boys when we have our get togethers so I know what you mean about noise. They sure can have fun together.