Monday, December 18, 2017

It's Monday .

Yesterday was another big day.  I love it when I'm busy and that was the order of the morning for sure.  We get to church at 7 am...get all the pastries ready for folks which means at least 10 plates full of goodies.  Doug makes about 7 pots of coffee and pitchers of juice...tea and more and we have three other folks who also help getting ready for folks.  Panera is so good to us giving all of their left overs Sat. night at 9pm.  What we don't use at church goes to 3 different shelters.  Larry...who is part of the crew is having surgery Wed so his not being with us will really be noticed.  Good music...good sermon continue.  We had an extra long rehearsal Sunday and that will continue Thurs. and next Sunday getting ready for the Sunday evening Christmas eve service.  Almost every Sunday brings a new setup during Advent in the sanctuary for some reason.  Today was no exception. For the coming Sunday morning and the three services Sunday evening we're trying to make it as easy possible for all.  Sunday morning...one service.  Sunday at 5 families with children and that service is entirely lay planed and implemented with children and youth participation.  Then 7:30 communion and 10:30 music and lessons and carols.  I spent about 2 hrs at church this morning with the preacher and the sanctuary set up.  It looks stunning and I think should work for all with just a few easy changes.  A little touch of something can make all the difference visually. 

Woo...I spent a day last week wrapping and filling all 9 stockings.  I usually do that Xmas day or so because we have our celebration on New Years weekend.  But...I'm done with that.  Still need to get some gift certificates.  And then DONE for sure.
 I'm looking forward to working on the last banner I have identified as needing help.  We're using it for the first time in about 30 years and people are really understanding the message of light it brings.  But it is old and time for a bit of snapping up.  So...after Xmas...that's my job.  It's finally found a place to be used which  is a wonderful back round for the Advent Candles, I was unable to find until now.  Woo...It is a Doris made and she would be so happy to see it used again. 

No comments: