Thursday, September 29, 2016

Thursday News.

I have six friends that are moving.  Some out of state and my sister to a beautiful retirement home closer to my house.  So...moving.  We are not moving but I decided that I should start to act like we are.  So...going through stuff and throwing out stuff that should not have even been in boxes.  Grr.
The large trash cans have been full each week but some of that is the continued accumulation of garden trash.  Little by little is how it goes.  The weather is cooler and it really feels like fall.  Doug closed the windows last night...more covers on the bed and the sweatshirt feels good during the day.  I hate to turn on the furnace.  Fourth afghan is on the needle.  Such fun and it keeps me off my bum hip that still is showing some bursitis.  I should do more for it but I keep thinking that the hip will get tired of being sore all by its self.  Well maybe it won't.  That's another bummer.  .Political news is keeping me entertained.  I thought the Monday night show was just great even though I said I was not going to watch...well, I did.  Doug and I continue to go to the Y.  Doug uses the bike and treadmill.  I do the treadmill.  Doug's knee cap has decided to move to the side which is a bit painful...so off to the bone doc and then to rehab and a retapeing every morning.  It's getting better but not the best yet.  So the Y is helping to strengthen muscles to hold everything in place. This living in old bodies sometimes sucks.  Yesterday was a rainy day and while on 38th street near the church a guy with a jeep slide into me in the back.  Didn't hurt the car...Yahoo but I did have a stiff neck last night that a bit of advil fixed.  Lucky for me and lucky for the hitter.  His jeep did have some damage but he said that had happened in another accident.  Good grief.  Does he go around looking for cars to hit.  I hope not.  Made me laugh when I had time to think about our conversation.
Today was soup kitchen day...last Thurs. of the month and we had lots of folks who were pretty decent.  Infact I commented that my friends were back.  That was not the case last week.  Lots of complaining needy ladies.  They are the worst.  Tonight is choir practice.  Tomorrow Andrew and Noah spend the day with me.  We might make scones.  So...that's it or sort of that's it.

No comments: