Monday, April 29, 2013

Dried out in Indy...

Don't know why I identify with Indy when I live in Carmel!!!   Life is a bit more doable at this point.  Carpets are dry, car assessment has been completed with a repair date...$5,340.000 hail damage.  Roof, guttering and siding assessment finished and all will be replaced or repaired or what ever insurance co. do.  Doug still needs to get his area back to some semblance of order.  The order has never been exactly known to me and never will be.  Sarah Ellen has returned to Indy and so happy to see her once again.  We have way to much church/ Kenya history together that will never be forgotten.  She talked at church yesterday for an hr. of information to a rather large gathering of people during the Sunday school hr.  That hasn't happened in a long time so it was good to hear stories again to the old timers as well as the new folks who came to the session.  Sylvia McNaire even came.  What a sweet person with such a wonderful gift of singing.  Sylvia went to Kenya to check out the IU program and came back a convert to the program and such a supporter of SEMamlin.  Hope to do some shopping with Sarah Ellen at some point this week.  Today I'm meeting for lunch the old retired teacher group from Smokey Row.  Woo...they have been meeting for years and this is my first lunch meeting with them.  Hope it goes well. 

More bummer news this past week.  Two of my best staff friends at North are leaving.  Nancy Jo and Brian Williams.  Bad news for me but for Brian...a new appointment as Sr. minister at University Heights Church here in the city.  Brian has been the BEST community outreach person ever at North in the 45 years I have attended and is a big part of Bread and Bowl Soup kitchen....Gosh...I'll miss him a bunch.  Have no idea who will fill his position at this point.  Such an understanding person about the neighborhood folks!  Great mission minded person.  I hate to think we will have something less than Brian but it probably will happen.  How many ministers have I see leave North?  A ton!  It's the Methidist way!!!! 

No comments: