Woo...This week has been a duzzy...and I'm not surprised. Tues. Wed. Thurs. and today I've been at church for a number of reasons. Tues. Wed. Got all the Advent decorating done. What a job but little by little it all got finished up. There are so many corners not including the sanctuary. But we have great bones to build on in that space. My two favorite helpers came in Wed. to do ladder stuff. Wed. eve was bell practice. Thursday was Bread and Bowl and such a nice group of neighbor folks and more came to eat. I really enjoy them and they are most appreciative of good food and a great space to eat with friends. And then it was on to Choir practice. Today I picked up the poinsettia to take to church. We are using two big ones each Sunday. I would prefer not to use any but they do make good Altar fillers. Some churches use many many pots...Such a waste in my brain. We have 4 blue banners,two on each side of the sanctuary, two huge wreaths with blue ribbon, flowers etc. and huge blue/pink/white advent candles with some greens, pine cones and blue hydrangea on the altar but not much. Just a touch. Next Sunday we'll add the Root of Jesse Tapestry to the pulpit. Oops...almost forgot. I made another frontal cloth in Duke Blue for the Communion Table. That was a Monday night Tuesday thing Good grief...no wonder I'm ready to sit for a while. My "dogs" were screaming with all the walking that went on this week. Much better today. Might need to get new shoes.
Doug continues to have mouth problems concerning extractions but he says it's getting better. I made great potato soup for tonight. Looking forward to SUPPER. He's loosing weight which is not bothering him at all. He just laughs about it. He says he's not hungry. I'm always hungry. Crazy!
Finished putting the binding on a quilt this afternoon. It's just great sitting around for a spell. No hurry to go anywhere for a change. Nothing much planned for tomorrow as well. That's a huge Yahoo. Don't know if I'll put up a tree this year. I've got to think about it and maybe next week I'll be in the mood. Christmas comes anyways. Tree or no tree. Another great week just passed.
Friday, November 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment