Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday evening

Woo...the busy week is gone.  At least that's my hope.  Typical Sunday sort of out of bed and on the road to church by 6:45.  That's the usual time.  Around 7 we arrive at church and start to get the hospitality room set up.  It takes at least 45 minutes with Larry, Waldene, Ann, Dave and Doug and I working.  Some of these folks come around 7:30.  So around 8 we're finished and church and community folks start to arrive.  This morning both of the handbell groups played for church.  Fun, fun but it really keeps one's brain on the up and up.  Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't.  Found a person to fill a communion, lay reader position.  Woo...that was an exciting find.  I'm chairing the Worship Commission and I think all the leadership positions are filled.  Tomorrow Noah is coming for the morning, then there are a few things that need to be finished before we leave for Georgia on Tuesday.  Doug is having more dental work done in the afternoon.   It's Thanksgiving with the Russell brothers again as well as JB's Michigan family.  It will be busy but the days will not be so packed with stuff.  Yahoo.  I'm taking my sewing machine to mess with as well as turkey and a few more food items. We should be back home on Monday after Thanksgiving just in time to Advent decorate at church. 

This afternoon Doug and I went to Andrew's 6th birthday party.  He is such a grown up little guy.  School is doing him a lot of good.    He is really interested in reading and beginning to figure out words. 

No comments: