Monday, July 2, 2012

Writing mode

For some reason my brain is in a writing mode.  Maybe it's to hot! 

Today has been just the best.  It started with breakfast on the patio, reading the paper and drinking coffee with Doug and eating my usual peanutbutter and jelly on rye toast.  Then off to the garden areas to check out the evidence of deer.  We have a mommy with twin babies that is roaming the neighborhood.  And...flowers on the hostas are gone.  I really don't care, happy to have deer eating them.  I have cut a bundle of them off already.  Then on to filling a 55 gal trash bin with cooked hostas among other things, that at one time were in the shade and now the sun.  They needed to go being that they were all burned up.  Started the sprinkler and then to the patio with another cup of coffee and time to watch the birds.  There are so many.  Doug took pictures of an almost gone cake of suet that the woodpeckers have turned into interesting textures.  Made a great picture or two or more.  Doug never takes one.  After that into the house and I did a bunch of free motion quilting on a wall hanging of 9 cars and trucks that I want to sent to Kenya at some point.  Now there are two hangings finished for the orphanage that has Sarah Ellen's interests at heart.  After that was finished, I was off  to church to do an inventory and then on to MCFarlings to get 4 cases of food that we are needing for Soup Kitchen.  Talked to some good friends from Columbus, Ohio at church...Home again and did a bit more free motion sewing, attached the binding and then made supper...Yum, yum...blue berry pancakes and watermelon.  Pancakes are getting me ready for Mich. where we have the same almost every morning with other family members.  Now it's icetea time and MSNBC news programs.  Interesting to hear the spin on what's going on.  Now isn't that a good day?  I think so. 

1 comment:

Dee said...

Yes, it sounds like a good day. The morning in the garden is the best.

We just listened to a local expert on native grasses. She is passionate about them and knows a lot. We are going to be planting the septic field in native grasses, I think. It will take a year or two to really get going, but I think it will be much much more interesting to look at.